Friday, January 2, 2009

Getting back to bento!

With some Christmas money I received, I placed an order for some REAL bento supplies! I got each of us a bento box, except that Derek's is a little on the small side for him. I also received these cute little soy sauce bottles with animal heads and some food picks with the same animals on them. The kids are both so excited, not quite as much as I am, but excited just the same!
The other night, Derek helped me make some rice balls (sticky sushi rice rolled into a ball) and also some Jiaozi (Chinese dumplings). The jiaozi is about the ugliest ever made, but it's delicious!!!
This is Derek's bento for 01/02/09:

Macey saw me making a bento for daddy, so she insisted on one for her too:

Macey enjoying her bento, saying Yummy Yummy Yummy:

2 comments:

Aus said...

This bento idea is cool - send a guy off to work with a 'bunny' too - wow! (I'll say no more - but love the humor!)

Only the best for you guys in 2009!

aus and co.

Sheri_n_Ben said...

Yep, like Aus, that made me laugh out loud too!
Macey looks so cute with her benito!

Love ya,
Sheri (Leilah Di's Mommy)